Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Protect Yourself


What I've learned. What I'm doing to survive this battle...


  • Never underestimate anything!
  • Never discount even the most outrageous of behaviors.
  • Pin/Code/Password access to your phone. It is a pain to have to enter the pin everytime (I have mine set to lock at 1 minute), but it is a must.
  • DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! Use a "note" app (I have the iphone, so I use Notes *which automatically saves to icloud. Dropbox can be used as well) Notes (are datestamped automatically) just type in enough detail to help u remember.
  • Other options for documenting
  • voice recorder on phone. Always keep your ringer on silent so he isn't alerted to you communicating with others.
  • photos (whenever possible, even if you think its irrational in the moment, take that picture!) Again, make sure your shutter press on phone is silent.
  • Video on your phone. This is a tough one because it takes up so much space. YOu will need to have the ability to upload to icloud or Dropbox (do this automatically in setttings) and then when you're sure of it's upload, back your data up to an external hardrive (I have the litte WD passport. It's discrete and portable.
  • -A regular digital camera works fine as well, as long as its something that he wouldn't suspect as out of the norm to be setting around.
  • -Watch for patterned behaviors. For me, I began to notice things every time I took a bath or shower. Things like: tv volume reduced to near mute; I would hear his recliner opening or closing; doors opening and closing; would take the dog out even if she had just beeen out, landscape lighting suddenly stopped working correctly on the pathway just outside bath. This list goes on and on, but DONT UNDERESTIMATE IT!!!

I hope and my prayer is that everything I've said is resounding in your head as," thank God my terrorism has not reached this level." I pray that by reading this, you realize where your terrrorism IS headed and finally I pray God gives you the strength that only He can avail to you, to escape your nightmare and experience the life and joy that He has always intended for you and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment